Maybe I'll do a round-up of what's happened since the end of October.
November:
- Visited Dani in Chicago. It was cold. Had cheese and caramel popcorn (one of Oprah's favorite things. I say meh.) and saw The Bean.
- I went through doula training at the local hospital. I'm still waiting to be called! I'm on-call Sundays and Tuesdays in Feb. Fingers crossed. I hope it doesn't happen next week because I'm waiting for a book that's supposed to be like a doula bible and it doesn't get here until Tuesday.
- Thanksgiving with The Choppers! We visited their cute little house and had a yummy dinner -- who knew bacon-wrapped water chestnuts were so tasty?
- The day after Thanksgiving we went hiking over in the foothills outside of Gilroy at Henry Coe State Park. Another meh.
- That weekend, Katie's hubby Eric showed up for his 10-year at Davis High. I went with him as his date as Katie's in TX. Totally, totally fun and totally, totally different from the K-burg 10-year. It was nice having Eric as a houseguest, although I'm concerned about his addiction to Coffee Bean.
- Picked up Wendy and went to Santa Cruz for Jen's baby shower. It was such a nice time and I'm glad they had those little sandwiches! The last time I saw Jen before she popped!
- Drove down to San Diego for this year's annual bug meeting. Nate got first prize in his competition! Yippee! Visited with Jaime and the baby in La Jolla and stopped in Pomona on the way home to visit with my grandmother.
- Demian moved back to Colombia and the whole month was filled with farewell events. :(
- Christmas in the Burg with my family. We didn't buy a lot of gifts, but we tried to make sure they were not made in sweatshops. I think we did a pretty good job, but we got duped by the All-Clad teapot we got for my sister.
- New Year's was totally low-key at Lisa and Eddie's place. Or should I say, newly-engaged Lisa and Eddie. Nate got kicked out of the bar when we were celebrating their engagement. Not because he was being rowdy, but because when he returned my watered-down drink, the bartender disagreed with him, Nate said something like, "That's effing ridiculous," and the bartender through him out because he cussed. That bar is lame anyway.
- We had a huge storm rip through Northern California the same day that Mrs. Chop went into labor! Vaughn was born early Saturday morning.
- I went to visit the next weekend! Such a trip holding a week-old baby.
- We visited Nate's family in Pennsylvania. I got to see Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon (who knew?) and had a lot of quality family time. It was our belated Christmas. We also got to finally see Eliza and Andrew's new (to us) house. A nice rowhouse in Philly. OH! And we visited E's and N's old neighborhood and enjoyed some Overbrook pizza.
- I got a job! A 10% position as an editor! Woo hoo! Celebrate with wine!
Today's Friday and it's almost 6:00 and I'm ready to go home. The first day of February. Superbowl on Sunday (I don't think I can cheer for those cheaters, but I don't really like my other option -- I'll cheer for Sport), then the primary on Tuesday.
No photos for now. Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment