i haven't kept up very well with this blog. My last post was in April and here we are at the end of May. Ai yai yai.
Let's see...what's been happening?
My mom and I threw a shower for the Mrs. Snoman-to-be, Katie, in the 'burg over Memorial Day weekend. I think it went well -- had all the requisites: games, snacks, ladies in nice clothes, gifts, a bride. Yeah, I think we covered everything.
Thanks so much, again, to our lovely unnamed hostess, Mrs. P, for letting us have it at her house. It couldn't have been more perfect. Seriously. Did I tell you that I was asked if it was my child in all of the pictures on the wall? I said, "No, this isn't my house..." and then I pointed to you. :)
Just three weeks now until the Snowman wedding. Keep your fingers crossed for coolish weather (and cool as can be expected) and all of the RSVP's to come in on time.
I also got to have some QT with Mrs. Chop, and then with Mrs. Chop and Baby Chop. It was a lot of fun. I forgot to ask Vaughn to be my date at the aforementioned wedding. My hub's deserting me that night, so I might as well try out my cougar paws and score myself a younger man...is 5 months too young? In twenty years, he'll be twenty and I really will be at cougar age...plus, HE might actually be a cougar, if he follows in his papa's footsteps and then we can play Beirut together (if the kids are still playing that 20 years from now). Does this paragraph make any sense at all?
We're heading out to Philly in a couple of weeks for a wedding on farm. We're going to swing by Ithaca (I hope) so I can see Nate's old stomping grounds. This will only be my second trip to PA during the summertime. I've been there plenty of times during the fall and winter, but summer is so unknown. From my last summer trip, I remember humidity and noise...those aren't necessarily bad things. They just stand out in my mind.
We should know if we're moving to Australia or not within the next month or so, I'm guessing. We'll have further details within the next couple of weeks and I think probably a final decision by the end of June, if the powers-that-be keep moving at the same pace. What a change, huh? If we move out in a couple of months, that means we'll have an endless summer. Fun. I'll keep you updated so you can buy your tickets for Christmas Down Under. :)
in the meantime, we're just enjoying this cool weather and life as non-grad students. It's a pretty nice life. Our paychecks actually reflect the number of hours we've worked! Wow!
Sorry for the boring post with no pics. Life is a bit boring at the moment...at least to outsiders. To us insiders... we've got a great thing going. :)
What?!? It's already February!?!
16 years ago
1 comment:
tee hee :)
Post a Comment