Friday, August 15, 2008

thump thump thump

My belly has been thumping quite a bit lately. It wasn't until today that I realized how happy it makes me feel. :)

We were in the Outer Banks in North Carolina last week with Nate's family for vacation. It was a lot of fun. I boogie-boarded in the ferocious waves (very limited boogie boarding because I wiped out kind of hard one time and decided it probably wasn't the smartest idea...) and we saw jumping cow-nosed rays and dolphins just off the shore. Itw as awesome.

Then we almost had a near-disaster on the flight home. We were maybe going to have to stay overnight in a hotel and then jump from airport to airport starting very early the next day. Fortunately, we had the greatest man help us get onto a flight. Seriously. He was wonderful. We flew US Airways and at first I was annoyed because they charge for drinks ($2 for water! WATER!), but then we had this great interaction with the customer service man and I forgave them the drink charge.

[side note. I'm watching Martha Stewart right now and there's a segment on brushing your cat's teeth. It's so ridiculous. I love it! She's brushing her cats' teeth! It's so insane and adorable. You're supposed to brush your cat's teeth every day! Her cat is just a ball of fluff like our cats. Speaking of...here's a cute picture of Nate with our fluffy cats:

That's all. I've got to get to cleaning the house, then make dinner. I have no idea what to make. When it's 100 degrees outside, I just want to eat salad and popsicles. So stoked to watch Dara Torres swim tonight. I just hope I can stay awake!

1 comment:

Phelan Pham said...

You will be amazing parents. :)