Monday, December 4, 2006

LED and me

We bought our Christmas tree last night. She's about a foot tall and living. I couldn't bear to buy a dead tree and didn't like the thought of buying a petroleum tree, but I love Christmas trees, so there you go. I guess we're supposed to plant it afterwards, but I want to keep it potted to see if we can keep it until next year.

The tree is sitting right on top of the piano and decorated with LED lights and a single kitty-cat ornament.

Speaking of the piano, I bought some music on Saturday because I didn't want to wait until we went to Kingsburg to start playing. I bought a Frank Loesser music book and Tchaikovsky's The Seasons. E played the latter over Thanksgiving and I liked the sound of it so much I bought it for myself. It's so nice to sit down at the piano on a cold winter day with our lovely little glowing tree and my lovely hubby in the kitchen and our lovely fluffy gatos hugging on the couch. I've never felt happier, luckier or more blessed in my entire life.

The only thing I'm stressed out about is using the heater. Our apartment isn't the most energy-efficient building and I hate using the heater. Without the heater, the temperature in our places drop below 50 degrees and our poor frozen kitties have to huddle with us for warmth. I'm happy crawling under a heap of blankets and sweaters and cups of tea to keep warm, but my better half actually likes to be comfortable in his own home, so we use the heater. But only when we're in the apartment and keep it set at 63 degrees (he wanted 65, I wanted 60).

We are just two episodes away from the end of Six Feet Under. The last one was really almost too much to bear, what with Brenda going into labor just after Claire's car wreck and David's freak out. After every episode, we discuss who we like the best. I usually pick Brenda or Ruth (never Maggie) or, of course, David and Keith. After last night's episode, it was very difficult to pick a favorite because they were all falling apart. I've been promised an amazing finale by the reviewers on Amazon. N decided after last night that he can't watch the last episodes because they're getting so ridiculous, but I've got to make it through!

UPDATE! It turns out we are only one episode away from the series finale!

No comments: